All new posts will be at
(and all previous content has been moved there as well.)
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Today I woke up to a beautiful morning. The sun was shining, it was nice and cool, it was pleasantly quiet except for the chirping birds, and...wait! There's a couple of godamned bucks on my lawn! Those bastards do nothing but poop on my lawn and eat my apple trees.
I went outside to shoo them away. One of them tried to run, but couldn't really; it had a broken hind leg.
He can stay.
Oh wait, now's he's eating my shrubberies. He's got to go.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
It's NOT because he lied, because he didn't.
It is because:
- Mr. Bush has presided over the fastest growth in federal spending since the great Society in the 1960s.
- Mr. Bush put the Republican seal of approval on the biggest intrusion of federal power into the classroom in history (No Child Left Behind)
- Mr. Bush and the Republican party passed the most expensive public works program ever (the 2005 highway bill)
- Mr. Bush created the largest new entitlement program since the creation of Medicare and Medicaid (the prescription-drug benefit)
- Mr. Bush rode roughshod over states' rights on issues such as assisted suicide
- Mr. Bush has expanded the federal government's power to eavesdrop on its citizens
- Mr. Bush created the Department of Homeland Security - which is more 1984ish (even the name is doublespeak) than anything else one could possibly dream up
- Mr. Bush protected the steel industry (a special interest - buying popularity) at great costs to US consumers of steel (import tariffs)
- Mr. Bush's supreme court nominees have pushed the court far to the right
To paraphrase one of the most heinous people on the planet: "Dude, where's my party?"
(much of this is borrowed from The Economist, May 31, 2008, page 38)
Monday, June 9, 2008
...well that's because this weekend was one of the best weekends ever to be in Colorado! The weather was fantastic, the activities were epic, and the company great!
Photos will be forthcoming, but know that the weekend involved rocks, wheels, snow, sun, food, and...drumroll please...beer!
Here are some writeups about our day
I am one tired puppy today (and I am absolutely stoked that I have a desk job.)